Stainland and District Parish Council 4th Annual Council Meeting Agenda 27th May 2021Dave Playford
21st May 2021
To all members of the Stainland and District Parish Council
You are hereby summoned to attend the Annual Meeting of the Stainland and District Parish Council to be held at Hollywell Green Church on Thursday 27th May 2021 at 19.00 Hrs for the purpose of transacting the business set out below.
Members of the public and press are invited to attend and may address members of the Council during the item set aside for public participation.
|21.04.01||In the absence of the present Chairman of the Council, Malcolm James, to appoint a member of the Council to preside over the election of a new Chairman of the Council as set out in Agenda item 21.04.02 below.|
|21.04.02||To appoint a Chairman of the Council who, unless he or she resigns, becomes disqualified, is no longer a Councillor, or is otherwise replaced by resolution of the Council, shall continue in office until the date of the next Annual Meeting of the Council, and to allow the newly elected Chairman one calendar week to accept, sign and return the Acceptance of Office to the Parish Clerk.
|21.04.03||To appoint a Vice Chairman of the Council who, unless he or she resigns, becomes disqualified, is no longer a Councillor, or is otherwise replaced by resolution of the Council, shall continue in office until the date of the next Annual Meeting of the Council, and to allow the newly elected Chairman one calendar week to accept, sign and return the Acceptance of Office to the Parish Clerk.
|21.04.04||Public Participation. An opportunity for members of the public to address the Parish Council on any issues concerning the Parish.
|21.04.05||To record any apologies for absence
|21.04.06||To receive and record any declarations of interest.
|21.04.07||To approve the minutes of the meeting held on 22nd April 2021 as a correct record
|21.04.08||To appoint members of the Council to the following Committees:
– Policy and Finance
– Events and Communications
and request these committees appoint a Chairman and Vice Chairman and publish a schedule of meetings up to and including May 2022 at their first meeting for report to Council at its general meeting in June 2021.
|21.04.09||To accept the current Standing Orders, Financial Regulations and other policies pending review by the Council in the light of the revised governance arrangements approved at its meeting on 22nd April 2021.
|21.04.10||To authorise the Events and Communications Committee to produce the Annual Report for approval by the Council at its next meeting.
|21.04.11||To receive and authorise the monthly financial reports and list of payments made.
|21.04.12||To receive and, where appropriate, to authorise reports from the following committees and task groups:
– Policy and Finance
– Events and Communications
NOTE: in a change to the current procedure, written and not oral reports should normally be presented, setting out separately matters for decision from those which are matters of report and that these reports should normally be circulated to members via the Clerk not less than 24 hours before the meeting at which they are presented.
|21.04.13||Environment Committee Projects
For decision at full council meeting 27th May –
1. Agree a contractor for repairs to
Shaw Park board walk repairs, clearance of vegetation on structure, fitting of non -slip grips
2. Agree a contingency sum for gardening work to be carried out by contractors until a replacement environmental warden can be recruited. Suggest £500 (equivalent to 2 months warden costs)
3. Agree change of warden’s contract to include up to 5 hours overtime
4. Agree a contribution towards new play equipment for Stainland Toddler Play Area as part of Cmbc’s planned improvements.
5. To Note the draft Memorandum of Understanding from Cmbc
6. Authorise £100 remaining in budget from the corner garden project to be used towards plants for the rockery.
|21.04.14||To determine the approach to filling the remaining vacancies on the Parish Council:
– The vacancy for Sowood (notified that it may be filled by co-option)
– The vacancy for Stainland, should the election scheduled for June by CMBC not attract nominations .
To consider exclusion of the press and public by virtue of Public Bodies (Admission to Meetings) Act 1960 due to the confidential nature of the business to be discussed (agenda item 21.04.15 only)
|21.04.16||In the light of CMBC’s refusal to allow Stainland Library to be used as a meeting venue pending either a CAT or disposal, to consider:
– how meetings of the Council and its committees can take place in the interim (note that legal authority to continue with remote meetings has been rescinded)
– working arrangements for the Parish Clerk.
|To receive any Correspondence|
|To agree Agenda items for the next meeting.|